CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's time to "GIT" you!

Let me start out by saying, this is my blog, and I can brag all I want, right? RIGHT!!! Now that we have that out of the way, here's to my racing FOOLS that I am so proud of;) This last weekend we went to Fairview Utah for the last race we will be attending the rest of this year! It sounds like a long time, but really it's only two months away!!
Corbin raced first. His race was at 8am so way cold for a little guy. There were kids dropping out of the race because their hands were so cold:( I felt so bad for them. Corb had on some thicker gloves that I think helped. Plus, he's a lot tougher than his mom;)
The races are split up into classes. Corbin's class is 65b with a total of 12 riders, and.......he took 1st place!!! I was so proud of him, it was hard to hold back the tears. There were 56 riders total, and Corbin ended up in 19th place overall. Jon says that he hurt a lot of older boy's feelings:)

Jon did awesome as well. He ended up taking 3rd in his class, and 12th place overall!! Jon was telling me on the drive home that when he's racing, he has one line that comes into his head, and he repeats it the entire race. Every race is different, but the line for this race was "it's time to GIT you!!" I thought that was great:) It's better when he tells it. Well, we are thankful for another year of "safe" racing, and for the fun memories that we have made during this time.



Jon finishing his race. (The pictures are out of order, oops!)





The start of Jon's race.
It took him like 9 kicks to get his bike started.

Some crazy dude! They were giving out a $100 for the best
costume!

Corbin finishing his race

Corbin coming in for gas!



The start of Corbin's race
Mom and Corby:)

Corbin warming up his bike!

Dad, Corb's best sponsor:)


I love my boy!






1 comment:

WhettenWild said...

That picture of you and Corbin is so cute! It's good to see what you guys are up to =)